Please note that Landscape Ontario has no formal authority to deal with consumer complaints. Complaint issues are very complex. Subjectivity, miscommunication, differing perspectives on quality of work, personality conflicts, no access to contract documents, lack of job-specific information, pending lawsuits between parties and potential legal exposure, make it very difficult for the association to be involved. In addition we have no participation in the members’ day-to-day operations. Our only authority is the power to revoke membership.
Our involvement is offered solely as a public courtesy. Here is how it works:
Landscape Ontario’s Consumer Complaint Process:
- Complaints are only accepted in writing.
Please send written complaints to Landscape Ontario, 7856 Fifth Line South, RR 4, Milton, ON L9T 2X8.
- Landscape Ontario forwards consumer correspondence to the member company, encouraging both parties to resolve the matter.
- All responses are shared with appropriate stakeholders.
- If disputes can not be resolved all correspondence is kept on file.
- Three unresolved disputes in a year will trigger a membership review.
- Please note we can not get involved with pricing disputes nor complaints that are already within the legal system.