Green for Life is one indicator of LO members' commitment to work together. Another is www.landscapeontario.com. Use the site to find members in your area, and view member profiles containing detailed information and photos from member companies. Shop at a Green for Life garden centre, or hire a Green for Life contractor, and know you are doing business with the best.
To become a member in Landscape Ontario, ALL companies must first meet the basic criteria below and have their application reviewed and approved BEFORE they can be accepted as members.
- Companies must be full-time in the industry for at least 3 years
- They must have 2 sponsors (other members)
- They promise to abide by a published Statement of Conduct, Principles and Ethics
- They must have appropriate insurance
- They must show us pictures of job sites (maintenance and installation sectors)
- They must have an Exterminators License (lawn care)
- Certified Horticultural Technician (CHT)
- Certified Landscape Designer (CLD)
- Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT)
- Certified Landscape Professional (CLP)
Landscape Ontario also exists to educate you with the tools and knowledge you need to make informed buying decisions, get the best value for your money, and access to the best companies to work with. By hiring a Landscape Ontario member, we have already eliminated the fly-by-night companies who do not have the proper education, experience, or insurance in place to work to industry standards. These important tools can be found in the What to Look For section of our website, or in the links below.
- How to Hire a Landscape Professional
- Landscape Contractor Rating System
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor Rating System
- How to Select an Irrigation Contractor
Each year, many members enter their best work, designs, plant material and displays into a prestigious annual awards competition judged by industry experts. Competition is fierce and not everyone wins an award. The Landscape Ontario Awards of Excellence Program showcases the best work by our members. You can also see more award-winning projects in our Professionals' Gallery.
Start off on the right foot
Because every job is unique and every customer has different expectations, and every member is unique in talent and experience, Landscape Ontario can not guarantee each and every plant sold and every garden installed by our members. Often different tastes and budgets affect methods used and even standards, municipal codes and bylaws vary from one city to the next. We do, however, provide a formal consumer complaint process, should you have a disagreement with the work done by one of our member companies only if you and the member hired can not come to a mutual agreement. It is important to outline your goals, expectations, budgets and requirements before having any work done to avoid any future disagreements. We aim to strengthen the relationship between our industry and their clients in an effort to promote outdoor living, more green spaces and a healthier lifestyle.