Green for Life is one indicator of LO members' commitment to work together. Another is www.landscapeontario.com. Use the site to find members in your area, and view member profiles containing detailed information and photos from member companies. Shop at a Green for Life garden centre, or hire a Green for Life contractor, and know you are doing business with the best.
Membership requirementsTo become a member in Landscape Ontario, ALL companies must first meet the basic criteria below and have their application reviewed and approved BEFORE they can be accepted as members.
- Companies must be full-time in the industry for at least 3 years
- They must have 2 sponsors (other members)
- They promise to abide by a published Statement of Conduct, Principles and Ethics
- They must have appropriate insurance
- They must show us pictures of job sites (maintenance and installation sectors)
- They must have an Exterminators License (lawn care)
- Certified Horticultural Technician (CHT)
- Certified Landscape Designer (CLD)
- Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT)
- Certified Landscape Professional (CLP)
Tools to help youLandscape Ontario also exists to educate you with the tools and knowledge you need to make informed buying decisions, get the best value for your money, and access to the best companies to work with. By hiring a Landscape Ontario member, we have already eliminated the fly-by-night companies who do not have the proper education, experience, or insurance in place to work to industry standards. These important tools can be found in the Hire with conficence section of our website, or in the links below.
- How to hire a landscape professional
- Landscape contractor rating system
- Grounds maintenance contractor rating system
- How to select an irrigation contractor