September 23, 2022
Free workshop on Spotted Lanternfly in the Niagara Region
October 5, 2022 | 6-8 PM
Lincoln Pelham Public Library (Meeting Room) | 4080 John Charles Blvd., Vineland, Ont.
Dr. Wendy McFadden-Smith, Horticulture IPM Specialist at the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA), will be discussing OMAFRA's spotted lanternfly traps and monitoring efforts.
This in-person workshop is free of cost and is being delivered on two different dates (as the same content will be covered in both, it is not necessary to attend both workshops). Advance registration is required at the links below. Capacity is 45 people per workshop so secure your place as soon as possible!
Participants will gain the following:
- An understanding of what makes a species invasive,
- Knowledge of the impacts of spotted lanternfly and the importance of prevention, early detection and rapid response,
- Knowledge of basic spotted lanternfly biology and life cycle, and pathways of spread,
- Tips and tools to identify and report spotted lanternfly and tree-of-heaven, and
- Updates on current monitoring efforts in Ontario.
REGISTER FOR OCT. 5