October 7, 2021
All-Chapter Virtual Session
How to promote your business with social media in 2022
Speaker:Courtney Chiasson, Marketing Manager, in-lite Outdoor Lighting
Courtney holds a degree in Media Communications from Western University and a diploma in Video Production from Fanshawe College. As the Marketing Manager for in-lite Outdoor Lighting, she has been able to lead her team to create innovative, unique, and engaging content. With over six years of social media management experience, Courtney understands the ever-changing landscape of digital production and the importance of advertising through online platforms. Courtney’s goal is to grow and inspire the landscape industry and raise the standard of outdoor living through content creation.
Session description:Social media is ever-changing. New platforms come and go. The algorithms are intimidating and confusing.
When you finally feel like you have a grasp on this whole “posting thing” everything changes again. Did you know Instagram is transitioning away from being a photo-sharing platform? Did you know your content is more important for viewership than the number of followers you have?
Navigating all these changes and terminology might seem like a mountain too high to climb, but social media is necessary. It’s where your customers are and where you’re going to get the best bang for your advertising buck. This presentation is designed to break down the top social media platforms, how to navigate them in 2022, how to promote your business through online channels, and provide you with the virtual tools you need to climb this mountain. Whether you’re brand new to social media, have some basic experience posting online, or are just looking to learn about the changes coming to social media in 2022, this presentation can benefit you.
Chapter Breakout Rooms & More:Your local Chapter will be hosting a breakout room to update you on relevant news.
Join and meet your new Chapter President & Board!
Apprenticeship Team Breakout Room
The Horticultural Technician Apprenticeship Program is a form of post secondary education like university or college. The big difference is Apprentices not only learn skills in a classroom, but receive paid on-the-job training with their employer/trainer. Approximately 80% of the training happens on-the-job with the employer and the other 20% is completed in school over two 12 week winter semesters.
Come join our breakout room and speak with one of our Apprenticeship Pathways Specialists about how being an Apprentice can advance your career and boost your skill set and how Employers can strengthen their workforce and leverage the gift of apprenticeship!
For more information please visit our website at http://horticulturetechnician.